Red Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable marked by its distinct magenta or dark purple leaves. Red cabbage is more peppery in taste than the usual cabbage due to the presence of anthocyanin pigments. It makes beautiful stews, salads and pickles and is a great way to add cancer preventing carotenoids to your diet.
- Light : Partial sunlight (summer), full sunlight (winter)
- Watering : Alternate days (stop 2 weeks before harvest)
- Where to grow : Balcony or terrace
- Time Till Harvest : 12 – 13 weeks
- Seasonal Information : All seasons